This is a must have! Loved it from beginning to end. Couldn't put it down. Quan is a genius can't wait to read more from him. I love Eric Jerome Dickey and Zane but I think Quan has definately made me a fan of his work. And did ya see the cover? The man is gorgeous. You gotta see the trailor on you tube to this book OMG!!!! go on you tube and look up quan hodges you wont be disappointed!!!
GREAT NOVEL! This novel was so inspiring. I loved it so much i read it twice. I loved the poetry infused with the regular reading as well. Overall Quan Hodges is very creative and I loved this novel.
Wow, this novel keeps you wondering is next. The love, sex,and drugs all makes this storyline very intriguing and captivating for its readers. Some of the life experiences and lessons of Chancey will have you glued to the book. His new found love all the ups and down that they have will keep you in suspense on what their relationship will come to be. It was hard to put the book down I truly feel this book is a hands down 4 stars. Great piece of work from a great author. Buy this book you wont be disappointed.
I found this book to be well written and it kept me turning the pages. I found myself wondering and anticipating what would happen next. The writer didn't spare us any details about what was going on; nothing was left to the imagination. His writing brought the words to life. I must admit that I fast forwarded through the vivid and explicit sexual details but I was still able to get pass that and truly enjoy the well written dialog. Anyone who has never understood the lifestyle of a person that allows money, drugs & sex to consume and control their lives, while reading this book, you will find yourself living vicariously through the eyes of Chauncey and Apple. The ending really took me by surprise!!
I've started reading 3 different books this month and never finished because I just couldn't stay focused. But, I recieved this book in the mail one morning and finished reading it that evening. It is AWESOME and from beginning to end kept me focused and eager to find out what was happening next. The poems were AMAZING and I loved the message. This book is a TESTIMONY to many...
I love the vivid pictures the author paints of the characters and of the scenes. I loved this novel from the start to finish. I thought about the characters and their persona over and over after I read it.
Some times you read a novel that makes you think about it over and over again...this was one of them. I couldn't put this book down once I picked it up.
The story line was captivating, I could not put it down. Quan Hodges has authored a work that allows the reader to be totally consumed by what is being read. I look forward to the next book!
This is a must have! Loved it from beginning to end. Couldn't put it down. Quan is a genius can't wait to read more from him. I love Eric Jerome Dickey and Zane but I think Quan has definately made me a fan of his work. And did ya see the cover? The man is gorgeous. You gotta see the trailor on you tube to this book OMG!!!! go on you tube and look up quan hodges you wont be disappointed!!!
Quan Hodges brought the characters alive in this book. I felt I knew them. I could actually picture them and felt for them as they traveled through my mind from this book. Amazing!
This is a phenomenal book by Q. Hodges. A true page turner! I absolutely love the fact that I could identify with the characters. I laughed, cried & felt their pain. I can't wait to see what's next from this profound gentleman! I just became a fan of his art! Awesome read, a must have.
I love the erratic characters and dysfunctional love story that leaves you cheering for their success. I found myself routing for the characters and was totally engulfed in this book. I loved it!
A brilliant work of art. I loved this book enough to read it two times. If you love well written works of art with life like characters you'll love this book.
This is a must have! Loved it from beginning to end. Couldn't put it down. Quan is a genius can't wait to read more from him. I love Eric Jerome Dickey and Zane but I think Quan has definately made me a fan of his work. And did ya see the cover? The man is gorgeous. You gotta see the trailor on you tube to this book OMG!!!! go on you tube and look up quan hodges you wont...
I've started reading 3 different books this month and never finished because I just couldn't stay focused. But, I recieved this book in the mail one morning and finished reading it that evening. It is AWESOME and from beginning to end kept me focused and eager to find out what was happening next. The poems were AMAZING and I loved the message. This book is a TESTIMONY to many...
From the moment I started reading this novel, I could not put it down!! The storyline was very raw and realistic in nature. The characters' downward spiral into their own hell was plotted in a way that the reader could "feel" what they were going thru. The intimate scenes were hot!! The outcome was uplifitng. I am hoping for a sequel in the near future! This novel will make a GREAT movie!
Actor, songwriter, and now author Quan Hodges has ventured into his first book Involuntary Love of A Dysfunctional Soul. According to Hodges it broaches into the themes of drug abuse, the athletic world, and dysfunctional relationships. He has worked with Tyler Perry and does not come from a traditional actor's background. As to working with Perry he notes that it was good experience and Perry was highly focused. In Involuntary Love of A Dysfunctional Soul it delves into some old hard living truths. No matter how you try, you simply can't "save a stripper" or can you? As in an operatic tale, the main character Chauncey had everything. He was a highly successful athlete, was soon to marry into a well to-do family and his world was filled with possibility. That is until one night he cross paths with a stripper the sexy Apple. Named for her shapely bottom and sultry dance, she mesmerized Chauncey and he gave it all up for her. Now they are on a quest to find their way and break through the world of drugs, shady characters, and challenges of making a decent living. This book is a wild ride into a look at the unintended consequences of living the fast life and discovering one's path in a world full of noise. Hodges notes that this book is already moving toward becoming a movie and he has cast some of the characters. Hodges shared a sneak peek into his next book which centers on politics. He admits that he is an independent and believes that there really is not much a difference between the two major political parties. Taking a passage from his favorite author George Orwell, Hodges next book will be based on the future, the 2036 presidential campaign. Where as in current NASCAR drivers don body suits with ads, so will be the major party candidates. These talking heads are bought and sold by corporate America where in turn bear strong influence onto the political landscape. Sure to be another political thrill seeker. Check out this book Involuntary Love of A Dysfunctional Soul, a wild mischievous adventure set in the sprawling southern metropolis of Atlanta and find out if you can truly save a stripper. Never a dull moment in the dirty-dirty, the ATL.
This was one of those books that made you think about it over and over again. The characters were colorful but the plot was thought provoking and still has me contemplating the possibilities.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Involuntary Love, and eagerly await the next installation. The story is quite exciting, and most definitely qualifies as an "edge of your seat thriller," but it has a love story that's quite compelling and makes you stop to contemplate being in love and being insanely in love. I think about Chauncey and Apple often and wonder what their lives would be like if they were alive...did they make it etc. Only a great story teller can make you ponder such things.
This is a must have! Loved it from beginning to end. Couldn't put it down. Quan is a genius can't wait to read more from him. I love Eric Jerome Dickey and Zane but I think Quan has definately made me a fan of his work. And did ya see the cover? The man is gorgeous. You gotta see the trailor on you tube to this book OMG!!!! go on you tube and look up quan hodges you wont be disappointed!!!
ReplyDeleteGREAT NOVEL! This novel was so inspiring. I loved it so much i read it twice. I loved the poetry infused with the regular reading as well. Overall Quan Hodges is very creative and I loved this novel.
ReplyDeleteIf this was Quan Hodges first novel I'm amazed. He's as good as the seasoned writers I've become accustom to.
ReplyDeleteGood job
Wow, this novel keeps you wondering is next. The love, sex,and drugs all makes this storyline very intriguing and captivating for its readers. Some of the life experiences and lessons of Chancey will have you glued to the book. His new found love all the ups and down that they have will keep you in suspense on what their relationship will come to be. It was hard to put the book down I truly feel this book is a hands down 4 stars. Great piece of work from a great author. Buy this book you wont be disappointed.
ReplyDeleteGood job, Quan Hodges
This novel was surprisingly uplifting. I didn't think i would like it at first but I actually did.
ReplyDeleteGood job
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI found this book to be well written and it kept me turning the pages. I found myself wondering and anticipating what would happen next. The writer didn't spare us any details about what was going on; nothing was left to the imagination. His writing brought the words to life. I must admit that I fast forwarded through the vivid and explicit sexual details but I was still able to get pass that and truly enjoy the well written dialog. Anyone who has never understood the lifestyle of a person that allows money, drugs & sex to consume and control their lives, while reading this book, you will find yourself living vicariously through the eyes of Chauncey and Apple. The ending really took me by surprise!!
ReplyDeleteI've started reading 3 different books this month and never finished because I just couldn't stay focused. But, I recieved this book in the mail one morning and finished reading it that evening. It is AWESOME and from beginning to end kept me focused and eager to find out what was happening next. The poems were AMAZING and I loved the message. This book is a TESTIMONY to many...
ReplyDeleteGreat novel! I approve of this book.
ReplyDeleteI love the vivid pictures the author paints of the characters and of the scenes. I loved this novel from the start to finish. I thought about the characters and their persona over and over after I read it.
ReplyDeleteSome times you read a novel that makes you think about it over and over again...this was one of them. I couldn't put this book down once I picked it up.
ReplyDeleteThe story line was captivating, I could not put it down. Quan Hodges has authored a work that allows the reader to be totally consumed by what is being read. I look forward to the next book!
ReplyDeleteWhat a delightful book with colorful characters painted extremely well. Quan Hodges is one of my favorite authors. He did a great job with this one.
ReplyDeleteI loved the characters in this book. Quan Hodges brought them to life with so much realism and color.
ReplyDeleteI loved the erotic scenes in this book. I had to put it down a few times to...well...I really loved the erotic scenes in this book.
ReplyDeleteThis is a must have! Loved it from beginning to end. Couldn't put it down. Quan is a genius can't wait to read more from him. I love Eric Jerome Dickey and Zane but I think Quan has definately made me a fan of his work. And did ya see the cover? The man is gorgeous. You gotta see the trailor on you tube to this book OMG!!!! go on you tube and look up quan hodges you wont be disappointed!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Quan Hodges as an author and an actor. He's a talented writer. It's too bad he doesn't get more exposure.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful love story with a surprise ending. I read this book twice and cried twice. I loved the characters and plot. An amazing book!!
ReplyDeleteQuan Hodges brought the characters alive in this book. I felt I knew them. I could actually picture them and felt for them as they traveled through my mind from this book. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteThis is a phenomenal book by Q. Hodges. A true page turner! I absolutely love the fact that I could identify with the characters. I laughed, cried & felt their pain. I can't wait to see what's next from this profound gentleman! I just became a fan of his art! Awesome read, a must have.
ReplyDeleteI love the erratic characters and dysfunctional love story that leaves you cheering for their success. I found myself routing for the characters and was totally engulfed in this book. I loved it!
ReplyDeleteA brilliant work of art. I loved this book enough to read it two times. If you love well written works of art with life like characters you'll love this book.
ReplyDeleteThis is a must have! Loved it from beginning to end. Couldn't put it down. Quan is a genius can't wait to read more from him. I love Eric Jerome Dickey and Zane but I think Quan has definately made me a fan of his work. And did ya see the cover? The man is gorgeous. You gotta see the trailor on you tube to this book OMG!!!! go on you tube and look up quan hodges you wont...
ReplyDeleteI've started reading 3 different books this month and never finished because I just couldn't stay focused. But, I recieved this book in the mail one morning and finished reading it that evening. It is AWESOME and from beginning to end kept me focused and eager to find out what was happening next. The poems were AMAZING and I loved the message. This book is a TESTIMONY to many...
ReplyDeleteFrom the moment I started reading this novel, I could not put it down!! The storyline was very raw and realistic in nature. The characters' downward spiral into their own hell was plotted in a way that the reader could "feel" what they were going thru. The intimate scenes were hot!! The outcome was uplifitng. I am hoping for a sequel in the near future! This novel will make a GREAT movie!
ReplyDeleteThis is a work of art. I loved this book and it's message and the love story. Two thumbs up. If I had more thumbs I'd give it more thumbs up.
ReplyDeleteActor, songwriter, and now author Quan Hodges has ventured into his first book Involuntary Love of A Dysfunctional Soul. According to Hodges it broaches into the themes of drug abuse, the athletic world, and dysfunctional relationships.
ReplyDeleteHe has worked with Tyler Perry and does not come from a traditional actor's background. As to working with Perry he notes that it was good experience and Perry was highly focused.
In Involuntary Love of A Dysfunctional Soul it delves into some old hard living truths. No matter how you try, you simply can't "save a stripper" or can you? As in an operatic tale, the main character Chauncey had everything. He was a highly successful athlete, was soon to marry into a well to-do family and his world was filled with possibility. That is until one night he cross paths with a stripper the sexy Apple. Named for her shapely bottom and sultry dance, she mesmerized Chauncey and he gave it all up for her.
Now they are on a quest to find their way and break through the world of drugs, shady characters, and challenges of making a decent living.
This book is a wild ride into a look at the unintended consequences of living the fast life and discovering one's path in a world full of noise.
Hodges notes that this book is already moving toward becoming a movie and he has cast some of the characters.
Hodges shared a sneak peek into his next book which centers on politics. He admits that he is an independent and believes that there really is not much a difference between the two major political parties. Taking a passage from his favorite author George Orwell, Hodges next book will be based on the future, the 2036 presidential campaign. Where as in current NASCAR drivers don body suits with ads, so will be the major party candidates. These talking heads are bought and sold by corporate America where in turn bear strong influence onto the political landscape. Sure to be another political thrill seeker.
Check out this book Involuntary Love of A Dysfunctional Soul, a wild mischievous adventure set in the sprawling southern metropolis of Atlanta and find out if you can truly save a stripper. Never a dull moment in the dirty-dirty, the ATL.
This was one of those books that made you think about it over and over again. The characters were colorful but the plot was thought provoking and still has me contemplating the possibilities.
ReplyDeleteI have thoroughly enjoyed reading Involuntary Love, and eagerly await the next installation. The story is quite exciting, and most definitely qualifies as an "edge of your seat thriller," but it has a love story that's quite compelling and makes you stop to contemplate being in love and being insanely in love. I think about Chauncey and Apple often and wonder what their lives would be like if they were alive...did they make it etc. Only a great story teller can make you ponder such things.
ReplyDelete